Chris on youtube !

Stop the presses
mohawk
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Chris on youtube !

Post by mohawk »

Edit webmaster:
Following a request by Chris' record company I had to change the rules / guidelines for using this forum. Linking to content that is not officially released by the record company on sites like YouTube and others is from now on prohibited. Please take a look at the new rules / guidelines especially rule 2.1. THANKS YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Last edited by mohawk on 06 Jan 2012, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
chrisreafan

Re: Chris on youtube

Post by chrisreafan »

Thanks a lot, man

Gonna listen tomorrow cause its kinda late for me now

Appreciate this like everybody else i quess.

Bye.
mohawk
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Chris on youtube

Post by mohawk »

Just one more thing [EDIT webmaster] Thanks Bart for a really great forum . Best wishes , Mohawk
mohawk
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Chris on youtube !

Post by mohawk »

Sorry if the previous links caused a problem - that was never the intention . The videos in question ( which I won`t name ) are comprised mostly from official Chris Rea recordings ( bonus tracks on cd singles etc ) and audios taken from lilybees channel ! They were just edited together to demonstrate how this music could be used to good effect to create some interesting official releases of this nature . I had hoped it would prompt an interesting discussion on the likelyhood of a future project to celebrate Chris`live work over the years with maybe a boxed set of archive material or even just one album of such material . I`m sure Chris`fans would welcome such a release and it would certainly be a profitable endeavour for his record company . Why should the bootleggers make all the money ? Apologies once again to all concerned - maybe the debate can still continue without the links - it`s an interesting subject that many fans on here will have an opinion on and it would be nice to hear their views . Sincere best wishes to you Bart and all Chris Rea fans - Mohawk
dmytrobryushkov
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by dmytrobryushkov »

Thanks so much for clarification! But I am still some confused- is it allowed to post other Youtube files, which do not contain actual Chris Rea's performance, but my contain his songs, performed by other singers, or even that ones, translated to another language? Will it be violation of the forum rules, if to post the links, containing texts of Chris Rea's song (but not his actual performance)? This information is not quite clearly presented in the new rules, It is the reason of this question. I am sure, your response will be appreciated by all members of this wonderful forum. Thanks so much!
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Oops. sorry! Your new posts had slipped my mind on the moderation que! Sorry for the delay.

I would love to answer your last question, but to be really honest, I also don't know exacly where the border is between "right" and "wrong". I received a request by the record company to remove the youtube pages with live recordings, and so I did. I also edited the site rules accordingly. But now you ask me what to do about posting sites with lyrics (which are contained on this site as well), youtube files with his songs (not live recordings), translated covers of his songs... Well, I don't know which part is illegal and which is not. I think I have to "judge" each case on it's own (is that sentence good English?!?). Therefor I have had an "escape clause" in the site rules from the beginning... (rules 5.1 and 5.5). I know this doesn't really answer your question, but it is all I can say for now. Thanks for your cooperation!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Hi Bart
I think this is all coming about due to the new laws regarding intelectual property.I know You Tube is in a huge battle w/various governments & artists (they even blocked thier site in N. America for a day)over posting thier music (or anything else for that matter) and yet some artists launch thier carrears by posting on you tube (Please don't remind me but Justin Bieber -sorry he's Canadian-for example).THe whole internet freedom of speach issue is huge but very unclear.
So Bart I understand your confusion.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea