The man The voice The guitar

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Stop the presses
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by MRB »

CHRIS REA IS GOING ON TOUR! #TheRoadSongsForLoversTour
To celebrate the launch of his new album “Road Songs for Lovers” coming later this year, we are delighted to announce Chris will be going on a UK and European Tour from October-December 2017. Tickets go sale 9.00am BST Friday 28th April 2017. More details to follow

YES!!!!! :D 8) :lol:
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by andrew fischer »

Thank you very much indeed, MRB!

Funny it is only 12 hours between pre-announcement with some speculation on the inside information and the actual announcement.

And yes, now that I do agree, judging by the album/tour name (which I do not like at all, to be honest) that it is gonna be a 'general pop-rock' album.

Love the picture of Chris with a new guitar (unbeknownst to me).

Gigs listings: https://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/chris-rea-tickets
https://www.facebook.com/events/1819437378377759/

best wishes
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

now title of album and tour could hint for concept album which could be interesting. But of course it matters how the album will be done. Heavy use of computer sounds will ruin it. WE NEED THE REAL BAND REAL BAD HERE!!
andrew fischer wrote:Thank you very much indeed, MRB!

Funny it is only 12 hours between pre-announcement with some speculation on the inside information and the actual announcement.

And yes, now that I do agree, judging by the album/tour name (which I do not like at all, to be honest) that it is gonna be a 'general pop-rock' album.

Love the picture of Chris with a new guitar (unbeknownst to me).

best wishes
Andrey
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

MRB wrote:now title of album and tour could hint for concept album which could be interesting.
I think quite the opposite: from the album's name you can guess that it is 0.01% probability that it is a concept album but more likely just a random collection of unconnected upbeat love songs like Looking for the Summer or Girl in a Sports Car (though they are not love songs in fact, they are considered to be the ones).

Really hope I am wrong, but based on the inside information I got prior to official announcement, it is quite likely to be a commercially oriented album with songs easy to be perceived by the general public, who only know Chris by his ballads and 'road songs'. The extensive tour schedule and big venues also hint on the money issue.
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Mmmm BMG Music new lavel
Visit chris rea.con
GREAt hug
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I am hoping the album is of new songs, commercially easy on the ear is fine by me. My other thought was a compilation of songs to the 'love' theme from the catalogue which wouldn't be so exciting. Will be hoping to get tickets to either Harrogate or Sheffield. gREAt news all the same, it's what we have been waiting for. The official website looks better too.
could this be true, could this be me..
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

ace of hearts wrote:I am hoping the album is of new songs, commercially easy on the ear is fine by me. My other thought was a compilation of songs to the 'love' theme from the catalogue which wouldn't be so exciting
There was a very certain insider's info that in winter Chris recorded with a live group in big studio, and now it is officially confirmed, so it is surely new records. If it were re-recordings compilation like 1988 New Light, it would be announced straightforwardly, I presume. On the other hand, the album may sound a lot like a compilation of 'old-school' sounding stuff, which I fear a lot.
The official website looks better too.
Thanks to the new (for Chris) major label, BMG, I think. Particularly I did love the article in the 'about' section. Very careful and thoughtful writing, with no actual mistakes or discrepancies. Really wonder who's the author.

I really hope Chris will have a new (commercial) breath with BMG who may agree to take over the copyrights for CR old stuff from Warners to reissue. BTW, does anyone have a clue about new CR management since it is definitely not John Knowles anymore?

Thanks again to everyone here,
best wishes
Andrey
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

"Recorded with Rea’s own band at Metropolis Studios in London – in contrast to recent albums which have been self-produced in his home studio"

Great news!!! :)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

MRB wrote:"Recorded with Rea’s own band at Metropolis Studios in London – in contrast to recent albums which have been self-produced in his home studio" Great news!!! :)
Yes, this is maybe the most important thing in press-release, along with new major label for Chris. Very good that someone from BMG who wrote this perfect article, puts these things straightforwardly, seeing that such drastic difference may really attract the listeners to the new release who know Chris by his 'overproduced' records.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Hey people, you should bring the conversation about new album from the "Next blues project (release 2016??)" topic to this topic as this is more accurate and should be considered as the real topic to discuss about new album, don't you agree??? :)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Speaking of new album, indirectly, I listen to Sarah Randle's 2003 The Sparrow album and find it a good combination for a 'commercial' Chris Rea release as the new album is assumed to be. I really wonder why it had no success definitely having the best commerce potential of all 2003 Jazzee Blue series, since it's more of a 'usual' Chris Rea album (maybe except for title track which is a piano driven gospel standard, perceived almost as acapella, just with some organs added by Chris), just with female vocals and a bit more bluesy, corresponding to Chris's interests at the time. It is not as blues/jazz-focused as Stony Road / Blue Jukebox and sounds much like some of The Blue Guitars (Louisiana, Gospel/Motown, 60-70s) but also has much from Stony Road (Working Day outtake, Hurricane / Burning Feet similarity) and even King of the Beach (Bluey guitar lead) albums and features The Blue Cafe album's reworked song. Had it been released as Chris Rea & Sarah Randle album (like Brian May & Kerry Ellis albums, with all vocals by Ellis and most music and guitars by May - similar to Chris's music & guitars on The Sparrow) with proper promotion, it could have had even greater success that Stony Road / Blue Jukebox, since its production and engineering by Stuart Epps are impeccable compared to later albums and mastering (by Jon Kelly?) is much better than The Blue Street album which was chosen as main album of the series. So I wonder how far the new album will be from The Sparrow, what do you think?

best wishes
Andrey
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

Frankfurt: Standing Room, Standing Room, Standing Room!!! Yeah, waiteted for that since 2006. It`s gonne be a Rock- Concert :-)
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

friends I have heard that in the new album and in the tour will be back playing Martin and Robert
And the sound of the new álbum is gREAt
Its not blues return old Chris song
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Good news Veherny :) We gonna ove it.
Are you going/coming?
You're never to old to dance!
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Oh, the agony of waiting, wish there would be samples to listen, long wait until autumn if there is not a single piece of new music to be heard before that.....