Chris is writing a book?

Stop the presses
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Chris is writing a book?

Post by Jutta »

Hello again,

I was just listening to an interview with Chris Rea for a second time, which I recorded last year. It is said there, that he is writing a book, that deals with his career. Is he really about to write a book or was it just a metaphor? :smt024
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Chris is writing a book?

Post by Chris »

Jutta wrote:Hello again,

I was just listening to an interview with Chris Rea for a second time, which I recorded last year. It is said there, that he is writing a book, that deals with his career. Is he really about to write a book or was it just a metaphor? :smt024
-------------
-------------

Hi Jutta!

I would be great to have a book written by Chris Rea. I once heard him saying in an interview that "I could have written a book about it", but I think it was just to emphasize his previous statement about his hospital experiences. But, who know, perhaps he just might decide to do that?
Have you seen the Radio Bremen page, Jutta?
http://www.radiobremen.de/magazin/kultu ... riere.html
You could listen to a few good interviews there, and even see a video from the NDR/RB-TV with the Man.
Enjoy!
Chris
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Hello Chris,

thank you very much for the link. Unfortunately I have a problem with my computer. I can´t listen to the end of the interviews, just to the beginnings. I don´t know why.
In the meantime I found an italian site, where you can hear Chris Rea talking about this book. But first I had to laugh, because actually it`s a site, where you can brush up your English. Learning English with Chris Rea – what a nice idea! :smt027

Look at it on:
http://www.speakuponline.it/archivio/12 ... tstory.asp
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Jutta wrote:Hello Chris,

thank you very much for the link. Unfortunately I have a problem with my computer. I can´t listen to the end of the interviews, just to the beginnings. I don´t know why.
In the meantime I found an italian site, where you can hear Chris Rea talking about this book. But first I had to laugh, because actually it`s a site, where you can brush up your English. Learning English with Chris Rea – what a nice idea! :smt027

Look at it on:
http://www.speakuponline.it/archivio/12 ... tstory.asp
----------
----------

Thank you Jutta for this Italian link! It's great!
Well, Italians are very proud of Chris. I remember a few years ago, in an interview in Polish press, he actually said: "I'm Italian after all!" And he went on explaining that his older daughter, Josephine, went to Florence to study Italian language and culture....

Here's the part about the book

(I quote it for others to read on this forum; all credit goes to you, Jutta!)

(quote)

Chris Rea: I’m writing a book now called The Road to Hell and Back, which explains, goes through the story of Chris Rea’s musical career, because it is different to other people’s, it didn’t go “Wham! Bam! Big Hit! Thank You, Mam!” and all that. It was slow, it was fraught with all sorts of problems, lots of personal problems, you know, the years you could have had children ‘cause nothing was happening and then something happens and then you have a child and, because your family, it causes a lot of difficulty. So I’m doing this book The Road to Hell and Back and I explain at the beginning that when they see in brackets “DCC,” it means “Dangerous Creative Condition.” And it gets you into trouble because you imagine things and you creatively imagine things, but then you have to put them into reality and the actual thing between creativity and autism, I think they’re like siamese twins, you know, I think they are very, very much connected.

(end of quote)

Thanks a lot!
Take care,
Chris
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Today I found a funny interview on this page:

http://www.welt.de/data/2006/03/22/863338.html

Chris tells something about a novel he is planning to write. It´s about a guitar (Stratocaster) that takes a long trip of 50 years. Once it joins a Beatles-band and then a blues-band in Woodstock and so on... This sounds a bit strange to me. But we will see.
Unfortunately the interview is only in German. Maybe I can help with the translation (at least parts of it), if it´s desired.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Jutta wrote:Today I found a funny interview on this page:

Chris tells something about a novel he is planning to write. It´s about a guitar (Stratocaster) that takes a long trip of 50 years. Once it joins a Beatles-band and then a blues-band in Woodstock and so on... This sounds a bit strange to me. But we will see.
Unfortunately the interview is only in German. Maybe I can help with the translation (at least parts of it), if it´s desired.
-----------------
-----------------

Thank you Jutta for posting this interesting interview with Chris Rea from "Die Welt." I didn't know that after a concert in the Polish capital Chris took a ride in a car from Warsaw to Berlin! It's only about 500 kilometers, but indeed, previously it was much quicker (to travel by car in Poland.) Just on Good Friday, as I drove from Munich back to Warsaw, I got stocked near Dresden in a traffic all the way to the Polish border and the crossing point at Ludwigsdorf/Jedrzejowice! Just imagine: the express road (the Autobahn) packed with cars for some 100 kilometers! Chris Rea helped me overcome the stress as I played cassettes with both, his new and old hits.
Best regards to you,
Chris
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Chris wrote:

-----------------
-----------------

Thank you Jutta for posting this interesting interview with Chris Rea from "Die Welt." I didn't know that after a concert in the Polish capital Chris took a ride in a car from Warsaw to Berlin! It's only about 500 kilometers, but indeed, previously it was much quicker (to travel by car in Poland.) Just on Good Friday, as I drove from Munich back to Warsaw, I got stocked near Dresden in a traffic all the way to the Polish border and the crossing point at Ludwigsdorf/Jedrzejowice! Just imagine: the express road (the Autobahn) packed with cars for some 100 kilometers! Chris Rea helped me overcome the stress as I played cassettes with both, his new and old hits.
Best regards to you,
Chris

Hello Chris,
what have you done in Munich?
I also have a lot of travelling, since I work in Nuremberg and I´m glad to have my cassettes too. I don´t know if it´s the same in other countries. But whenever you turn the radio on in Germany, it´s always the same shit who comes out ... I really can´t bear it anymore.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Jutta wrote:
Chris wrote:

-----------------
-----------------

Best regards to you,
Chris

Hello Chris,
what have you done in Munich?
I also have a lot of travelling, since I work in Nuremberg and I´m glad to have my cassettes too. I don´t know if it´s the same in other countries. But whenever you turn the radio on in Germany, it´s always the same shit who comes out ... I really can´t bear it anymore.

------------
------------

Hi Jutta,
I don't mind writing abut my vacation, but it's Chris Rea's forum and not a bulleting board....
Well, I was passing through Munich (sort of, because we stayed there for a week), on our way to Ischia in the Bay of Naples.
No problem on Ischia: everyone speaks German on the island, all right, including: chambermaids, waiters, receptionists, store owners, policemen, ferry deck hands. It didn't help when I was trying to persuade some of them that I'm not another "Tedesco" (a German.)
I've checked local record stores, in Porto (d' Ischia), Forio and Ischia Ponte as well as one big in Naples ("Feltrinelli" multimedia store) and discovered that they had plenty of Chris' music available.
In Munich, the "old, good WOM" closed down some two (2) years ago, (you still have one in Nuremberg, though!), so I went to the "Saturn" on the Neuhauserstr., and to the "Mueller Drug Store" in the Tal, to see if they carry the "Blue Guitars" box, and in fact they had one each.
A friendly salesperson told me that "this is the best of all Chris' albums so far" and I believed him .
I asked for the promised concert DVD as well as the 'live' double CD and the answer was: "we're all waiting for it."
Take care,
Chris