The man The voice The guitar

Blue Guitars Lyrics

Square Peg
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Blue Guitars Lyrics

Post by Square Peg »

I have the Book and CDs but cannot find lyrics on the web. Are the lyrics to all these songs on the web anywhere?........Jim :roll:
And Me, I'm always looking down that road out of town.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Blue Guitars Lyrics

Post by Chris »

Square Peg wrote:I have the Book and CDs but cannot find lyrics on the web. Are the lyrics to all these songs on the web anywhere?........Jim :roll:
--------------
Hi there, in Arizona,

You mean, in the US, they are marketing this Blue Guitars box, without lyrics?
Over here, in Europe, including Poland, the box (actually a sort of album, with paintings and lyrics, although not always accurate as compared to what Chris sings) comes with all lyrics, listed nicely for each song. But I'm positive you can find them on the web, if not in one place then scattered around. Just try to go by separate titles, you know.
I'm surprised the American audience was deprived of this item...
Take care,
Chris
Square Peg
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

re:

Post by Square Peg »

Hi Chris,

I have the book and it does have lyrics. Its just easier for me to read lyrics over the web, Sometimes I play music on the computer while i surf around and I come to a song I like and I try to find lyrics for the song.

Theres a few websites out there with all of Chris Reas lyrics but they havent updated the lyrics to include Blue Guitars.

It is too bad that Blue Guitars isnt available here in the USA. I got my copy on EBay from a seller in England. There were only a few albums released here. Benny Santini, New Light through Old Windows, The Road to Hell,Auberge, Espresso Logic and a Greatest Hits package. The rest of my albums came from overseas, mostly through Amazon and EBay........Jim
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: re:

Post by Chris »

Square Peg wrote:Hi Chris,

I have the book and it does have lyrics. Its just easier for me to read lyrics over the web, Sometimes I play music on the computer while i surf around and I come to a song I like and I try to find lyrics for the song.

Theres a few websites out there with all of Chris Reas lyrics but they havent updated the lyrics to include Blue Guitars.

It is too bad that Blue Guitars isnt available here in the USA. I got my copy on EBay from a seller in England. There were only a few albums released here. Benny Santini, New Light through Old Windows, The Road to Hell,Auberge, Espresso Logic and a Greatest Hits package. The rest of my albums came from overseas, mostly through Amazon and EBay........Jim

Hi Jim,

As far as absence of Chris Rea's songs (generally speaking) from the airwaves in the US, it's also a big puzzle for me. I cannot figure it out why he is not so popular over the big water, as compared to Europe. I guess his previous record company's "marketing strategy" combined with the lack of interest on the part of DJs, actually prevented Chris from entering the US market in the 80s. He visited the U.S. a couple of times. He was once on a TV show in New York (Letterman's), travelled to Chicago and New Orleans and some other places, etc. Perhaps, this could change now and he can be on the air in the US, especially with his new blues songs.
Well, you know, in ancient Rome, during the reign of the Emperor Caligula, they've managed to elect a horse to the senate. Just to make a point that it was possible. So, taking from that I think someone should still be able to promote Chris' songs in America.
Take care,
Chris
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

[Square Peg"]I have the Book and CDs but cannot find lyrics on the web. Are the lyrics to all these songs on the web anywhere?........Jim :roll:

Yep, you found the site :P
Here on this site, in The Guitar, Discography, you can read all the lyrics of the songs .
Square Peg
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Square Peg »

Thanks gjvg, Thats what Ive been looking for. I guess you learn something new on this site every day.

Hi Chris, Yea its strange, Fool If You think its Over was a big hit here. You would think that the albums released after that would see the light of day here. Theres some good music on each of these albums that I would consider to be capeable of being in the Top 10. I guess its the record companies.

I'm just glad I finally was able to catch up with all these brilliant albums. I really missed alot. But it was fun catching up..........Jim
bLuEsMaN
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by bLuEsMaN »

Here is the adress to download the book with lyrics in pdf :

http://www.chrisrea.com/pressarchive/pr ... uitars.pdf